Randolph County Animal Shelter
I lost my pet, who do I contact?

If you live in Randolph County, please call the Animal Shelter at 336.683.8235 as soon as you can and we’ll do our best to assist you. If it's after hours, please leave a message with your name, phone number, and identifying information about your pet, and we will contact you as soon as possible. We also suggest you contact your local paper and post a lost pet ad. You may also come to the shelter during our open hours, and you can check to see if we have your pet. It is most helpful to bring a recent photo to post on our lost and found board.

I was bitten by a dog/cat, what do I do?

If needed, seek medical attention for your injuries. Notify the animal's owner or, if you can do so safely, confine the animal. Notify the Randolph County Health Department at 336.318.6200 or Randolph County Animal Control at 336.683.8235.

My pet is sick and my local vet is closed, are there local emergency after hours clinics?

Call your local veterinarian's office for specific instructions, or call
Happy Tails Emergency Vet at 336.288.2688.

My neighbor's dog is on my property, is there a law against this?

Yes. All dog and cat owners in Randolph County are required to keep their pets on their own property. If this animal is creating a nuisance or poses a danger to people or animals, call Randolph County Animal Control at 336.683.8235

I suspect someone of abusing/neglecting their animal, who can I call?

Document your suspicions by noting dates and times of abusive or neglectful activity. *Please do not take photographs or go on someone else's property* Contact Randolph County Animal Control at 336.683.8235 and an animal control officer will be dispatched to verify your suspicions and take action if necessary.

I can't keep my pet any longer, what can I do?

We understand that life has ups and downs, and sometimes you can’t face them with your pet. If you find yourself in that situation, we encourage you to explore all of your options before coming to us. Call around to rescues, ask them for a courtesy post, talk to your friends, family and neighbors. Your pet has a much better chance of finding a new home if it is well behaved, spayed or neutered, and up to date on important vaccines. You may always bring your pet to the animal shelter (1370 County Land Road, Randleman 27317), and we will do the best we can to find your pet a new home, though we cannot make promises. The worst thing you can do is drop off your pet in a strange area or leave it at your former home. Abandoning your animal is against the law, and is considered an act of cruelty.